I love playing with slime and I am sure you do too! While playing with it, have you ever thought that it would be great if your slime had a nice scent? Well, this is possible! You can add a nice smell to your slime by using fragrance oils or extracts.
This scented slime recipe it’s very easy to make and you can choose any scent you like: orange, apple, lavender, vanilla, peppermint, cotton candy, cinnamon… It’s a basic 3 ingredient recipe, but you can add some color if you want to make the perfect slime. I love having a birthday cake slime that smells like vanilla, or a cotton candy slime that actually smells like cotton candy! This one that I made is a peppermint slime with a peppermint scent. It looks great, and smells even better!
- 1/2 cup of Elmer’s white or clear washable school glue
- Liquid Starch (I use Sta-Flo)
- fragrance oil or extract
- food coloring (optional)
How to Make Scented Slime
- Empty the glue into a bowl.
- Add food coloring (optional).
- Add a few drops of fragrance oil or extract and mix well.
- Add Liquid Starch. Keep adding it, little by little while stirring, until the slime forms.
- When it begins to form, take the slime out of the bowl and knead with your hands.
- Keep kneading and adding more activator (always little by little) as needed, until you get the perfect not sticky slime texture.
- Store it in an airtight container when not playing with it.