Metallic Pearl Slime is a very pretty type of slime because it’s shiny and has a metallic finish with a pearlescent appearance. You can make your pearl slime any color you like. To make this metallic pearl slime I used a beautiful violet pigment powder. Instead of buying metallic powder or paint to make my slime, I used eyeshadow pigment powder that I had at home and I added some purple glitter and purple food coloring to it. I am so happy with how it turned out!
You don’t have to add food coloring and glitter to your metallic pearl slime, it’s really up to you. It will already look great just with the pigments. If you don’t have pigments at home or can’t find them in the store, you could also use metallic paint or mineral eyeshadow powder to make pearl slime. If you feel like you want to make the best pearl slime ever with a really awesome finish, you can buy a color changing pigment and add it to your clear slime!
- 1 bottle of Clear Glue (5 oz/147 ml)
- Slime Activator. I used borax mixture (1 teaspoon of borax powder dissolved in 1 cup of warm water), but you could use Liquid Starch instead.
- Powder Pigments
- Food Coloring (optional)
- Glitter (optional)
How to Make Metallic Pearl Slime Recipe
- Pour entire bottle of clear glue in a bowl.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to the glue and stir well (optional).
- Add the glitter, as much as you want, and stir (optional).
- Add the pigments and stir. You could add 1 tablespoon or as much as you want.
- Start adding the activator to the bowl while stirring. Add little by little until your slime begins to form. Keep adding activator and kneading until the slime is no longer sticky, but don’t add too much or it will become stiff.
- Let it sit for a few days so the slime becomes more clear and shiny.