I love making slime and playing with it everyday, that’s why I am so excited when a holiday approaches, so I can make some new, fun and special slime to celebrate it! This month it’s St Patrick’s Day and I wanted to make a pretty clear green slime with gold and green glitter. It turned out very pretty and I can’t wait to show you how to make it!
To make this St Patrick’s Day Slime Recipe I used clear glue and added green food coloring and different types of glitter, but if you prefer something easier you can use Elmer’s Green Glitter Glue. That type of glue it’s more expensive than regular clear glue, but feel free to use the one you like the most. I personally prefer to make slime from scratch, that’s why I added the food coloring and the glitter myself. You can also add more fun stuff like gold coins or confetti shaped as shamrocks or even leprechauns!
Clear glue is the best type of glue you can use to make theme slime like this one for St Patrick’s Day. If you use white glue instead, you won’t be able to see all the confetti in the slime.
- 1 bottle of Elmer’s Washable Clear Glue (5 oz/147 ml)
- green food coloring
- green and gold glitter and confetti
How to make St Patrick’s Day Slime
- Make the borax mixture by adding 1 teaspoon of borax powder to 1 cup of warm water (hot tap water will work). Stir well to combine. Set aside.
- Empty the bottle of Elmer’s Clear Glue into a bowl.
- Add a few drops of green food coloring and the glitter/confetti. Stir well.
- Add some of the borax mixture to the bowl and stir. Keep adding little by little until it begins to form. Don’t add too much activator or the slime will become stiff. Just use as much as you need to make the slime not sticky.
- Store in an airtight container and let it sit overnight so it becomes more clear!